Tuesday 1 May 2012

Happy May!

Good Morning everyone, and welcome to May! I can't believe how quickly this year is going, and that it is May again already!!

So as some of you may know, May is Melanoma Awareness Month, getting people just in time for the summer! What I'm going to try and do (emphasis on try!) is to write a post on here every day, about Melanoma, other people I know who have suffered and general things I feel I should waffle about, with the aim of getting it spread to as many people as possible.

One thing that I think is really important to get across, is that Melanoma is a young person's disease. It is quickly becoming the most common cancer in young people, but if caught in the early stages is entirely treatable, and to an extent curable. That's why it is important to keep a really close eye on your skin, get to know your body, know what feels right and what feels wrong, and what looks write and wrong because it honestly could save your life!

So get reading, get sharing, and let's raise some awareness :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment