Monday 2 September 2013

A Change Could Do You Good

So I'm writing this from a train seat on my way to London for a team meeting as part of my new job (!) as temporary Regional Corporate Development Officer for Macmillan Cancer Support.

During my cancer experience, I had alot of support from lots of different charities, and it really opened my eyes to the amazing, and often necessary, work that charities do. Since then, it's become somewhat of a career aspiration for me, to work for a charity, ensuring that the people accessing the charity, whatever it be for, are able to do so.

I have been volunteering for Macmillan since April this year, and several other charities at the same time, doing a mixture of fundraising, events organising, press appearances, data base organising and photo shoots. It's been busy but enjoyable and has ultimately got me to the point I'm at today!

My job, for the next 6 weeks atleast, will involve working with regional fundraisers in their corporate areas and ensuring that things run smoothly from that point of view. I've got a huge amount to learn, and it's going to be a massive learning curve, but I'm sure incredibly useful too! I'm also hoping that being busy will help to relieve me of some of the crippling anxiety I've faced recently!

It's going to be so different from university-getting the bus at 7.13 every morning, and spending all day being busy, but I am so excited to get going, to learn and to ultimately make a difference!

Watch this space...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Phoebe! I was actually just checking out a few of your posts and had a quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete