Friday 20 January 2012

Overture

Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog :)

This year, 2012, after a particularly nasty 2011, I have promised myself that I am going to make it count. 2011 made me realise how fragile life really is, and that you only get one. This year I intend to do lots of things I have always wanted to, things I might not have ever considered and things that just take my fancy. This blog will serve as a kind of diary of what goes on, but also updates on treatment, reviews, anything that takes my fancy I guess! Through this blog, I hope to be able to give other people hope, that life CAN continue after a cancer diagnosis-and it can be a good one!

So, why was 2011 so horrific you may be asking??

Well, in February 2011, I was diagnosed with stage 3 malignant melanoma. What followed was an intense string of tests, scans, operations. My cancer story so far will be another post on here, so of you want all the gory details that is the place to look ;)

When it looked like the year couldn't get much bleaker, my beloved Nan, Floss, passed away at the end of October.

These events, along with witnessing the death of other acquaintances and having my eyes opened to the world of cancer and other suffered has made me determined to make the most of life, and try to get this message across to other people :)

That is enough rambling!

Take a look at my other posts as and when they arrive, and remember to make it count!

Love,

Phoebe x







No comments:

Post a Comment